Mr. Donald is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in the state of Kentucky and is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
He is an owner of two service companies, Donald & Company, P.S.C. (DBA Divorce Financial Solutions LLC) and Investment Services. Divorce Financial Solutions LLC specializes in financial issues in divorce in which he acts as an owner. At Investment Services he conducts his investment service business as an owner.
Doug holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Long Island University, C. W. Post Center of Long Island, New York and a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Nichols College, Dudley, Massachusetts.
Mr. Donald is a Financial Advisor with Avantax Investment ServicesSM., having passed his Series 6, Series 7 and Series 63 examinations and is currently registered to offer securities in the states of CO, FL, KS, KY, OH, TX, and VA. He also is an Investment Advisor Representative with Avantax Advisory ServicesSM. in Kentucky. Throughout Kentucky, he holds a valid Health, Life, and Annuity insurance license.
Douglas I. Donald of Investment Services has received the Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) designation by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
The PFS designation, established in 1987 by the AICPA, recognized CPA's with considerable professional experience in financial planning. Mr. Donald met six requirements to earn the designation, including passing a technical exam covering the five functional areas of personal financial planning: personal income tax planning, risk management, and insurance planning, investment planning, retirement planning, and estate planning. Also, Mr. Donald completed 250 hours of experience per year for three years. All PFS candidates must also hold a valid CPA certificate and be an AICPA member in good standing.
"Given their formal education and technical training in the areas of accountancy, taxation, and general business, CPA's are the most qualified, knowledgeable and objective financial planning professionals," says Laurence Foster, Chairman of the AICPA Personal Financial Credential & Exam Committee of the Personal Financial Planning Division and himself a PFS. "Supplementing this background with the PFS designation demonstrates a CPA's commitment to providing consumers the highest level of financial planning services."
CPA's who have earned the PFS designation must be credited every three years to maintain the credential.
Doug has also acquired the credentials of The Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor® or CRPC® from the College of Financial Planning. The Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor Professional Education Program focuses on the pre-retirement and post-retirement needs of individuals, allowing the holder the knowledge to transform the retirement planning process into a positive experience. The CRPC® program allows the holder to study a variety of principles in the retirement planning field. The certificate program guides you through the retirement process from start to finish, addressing issues such as estate planning and asset management.
Mr. Donald has obtained the credentials of the Certified Divorce Financial Analysts® through the Institute for Divorce Financial AnalystsTM (IDFATM). IDFATM was founded in 1993 to provide specialized training to accounting, financial and legal professionals in the field of pre-divorce financial planning. Over the years IDFATM has certified more than 5,000 professionals as Certified Divorce Financial Analysts® (CDFA®).
MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS:
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Personal Financial Planning Section of The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts® (IDFATM)
- Thoroughbred Club of America Inc.
- Finance Department of Merrill Lynch, Wall Street, 1975-1976.
- Finance Department, Fasig-Tipton, Elmont, NY, 1977-1980.
- Comptroller and Secretary, the Kentucky Horse Center, Inc., Lexington, KY, 1980-1982.
- Branch Manager, Adams, Delaney, Davis, & Anderson Certified Public Accountants, 1982-1986.
- President, Donald & Company, P.S.C. Certified Public Accountants, 1986-2016. DBA Divorce Financial Solutions LLC 2017-currently.
- Owner, Investment Services, Financial Advisor Firm, 1999-Present.
- Financial Advisor with:
- Financial Advisor - Avantax Investment ServicesSM, 2003-Present. Financial Advisor-Unified Financial Securities, Inc. 2000-2003. Financial Advisor-Commonwealth Investment Services, Inc. 1999-2000.
Visit my LinkedIn Page: